[thelist] Word for websites?

Ken Schaefer ken at adOpenStatic.com
Tue Jun 29 10:31:13 CDT 2004

This is controlled (in Word 2003) via

Tools -> AutoCorrect Options -> AutoFormat as you type -> Replace as you
type: internet and network paths with hyperlinks

Also, you can right-click on a hyperlink, and choose "Remove Hyperlink"

Furthermore, in Word 2003, you can click the little "lightning" icon, and
choose to undo the hyperlink creation, and optionally choose "stop
automatically creating hyperlinks"

As you say, most people want something that works "out of the box". I
suppose MS' market research determined that most people want hyperlinks
automatically added. If you don't want hyperlinks, there's a few ways to
turn them off.

HTH

Cheers
Ken

From: "Chris Price" <chris.price at choctaw.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [thelist] Word for websites?

: The thing that got to me the other day was typing in urls. Word would
: automatically take the quotes out and turn the url blue.
:
: That's the thing about programs like Word. Its wonderful having a word
: processor that does things automatically for you like spell checking but
: when you're building a website its more trouble than its worth.
:
: I'm sure you can turn these things off but the majority of customers want
: program that does everything straight out of the box.
:
: --
: Chris Price
: