[thelist] Dear fellows: Be carefull in your job, very carefull

Maximillian Schwanekamp anaxamaxan at neptunewebworks.com
Tue Jun 29 12:59:17 CDT 2004

-----------------------------
Joan> The mistake had enormeous consequences AND COSTS for the client.

Kasimir> No cost... potential loss of new business, but no cost.

J> Allong two years, new visitors adressed to the client with a complete
lose of the e-mail AND THE SALE!

K>I'd be surprised if they lost *all* their sales... two years in business
without any sales whatsoever... not likely. They potentially lost some
business, but strictly speaking they did not lose money, they lost
potential, which is very much different thing.
-----------------------------

Well said Kasimir.  I would go even further.  From experience in dealing
with web business owners, I am wondering that the lack of a mailto: link
should be costing any significant potential.  What responsible business
owner places such weight on a single mailto:, with no means of tracking,
audit or follow-up?  No, without knowing the specifics I would guess that
your (Joan's) client's business isn't going as well as expected, and they're
wanting to assign blame.  A typo indeed, but it was not you who made such
poor business decisions!  Don't accept blame for something that happened
years ago.

An analogy: A builder builds a store, and forgets to install a lightbulb in
one area of the store.  Because of this, a certain product is not as nicely
visible.  2 years later, the store owner attempts to blame the carpenter as
incompetent and responsible for lost sales.  Riiiiiight.

Maximillian Schwanekamp
Dynamic Websites for Microbusiness
www.NeptuneWebworks.com
v: +1 541-302-1438