[thelist] Are Keywords Dead?

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 29 14:42:29 CDT 2004

--- Rob Smith <rob.smith at THERMON.com> wrote:
> Forgive me if this is a little old, but I've been hearing lately that the
> major search engines such as Google, or Yahoo are basically ignoring the
> meta tag keyword. Can anyone truly confirm this?

That's speculation at best. In fact, The google guidelines:

http://www.google.com/webmasters/index.html

Don't talk about them one way or the other. They are still a valid part of our SEO strategy and
our SEO consultants still spend a lot of time working them, and they seem to have an effect. About
the last thing I would do would be to omit them.

Certainly different engines/directories have different algorithms for spewing out results, all the
more reason to have all your bases covered.

Tom

=====
http://www.Pixelmech.com/ - read my latest blog posting!

John 3:16