[thelist] Demon don =?iso-8859-1?q?=B9?=t like my query strings

Chris Price chris.price at choctaw.co.uk
Wed Jun 30 09:18:39 CDT 2004

Oh how I hate Demon but, unfortunately, I have to use them for this site.

My client has just upgraded to enable php and I assumed that because the
pages worked on my Mac's Apache server they would work on the Demon server.
No!

Here's the issue:

I want to load different fragments into my profile page using
profile.php?id=n.

The first line in the page is <?php if (!isset($id)) $id = 1; ?>

I bring the fragment in with <?php include 'profile'.$id.'.php'; ?>

The fragments are named profile1.php, profile2.php etc.

Because it didn't work I tested it with <?php echo $id; ?> and the output is
always 1.

I phoned their helpline but they cannot help.

Anyone have any ideas what may be happening. Exorcism would be preferable
but that's not an option.

--
Chris price