Re: [thelist] Demon don ¹t like my query strings

Richard Davey rich at launchcode.co.uk
Wed Jun 30 10:03:29 CDT 2004

Hello Chris,

CP> My client has just upgraded to enable php and I assumed that because the
CP> pages worked on my Mac's Apache server they would work on the Demon server.
CP> No!

CP> Here's the issue:

CP> I want to load different fragments into my profile page using
CP> profile.php?id=n.

CP> The first line in the page is <?php if (!isset($id)) $id = 1; ?>

You sure this isn't a simple case of Demon (quite rightly) having
Register Globals disabled?

See what this does:

<?php
     if (!isset($_GET['id']))
     {
        $id = 1;
     }
     else
     {
         $id = $_GET['id'];
     }
?>

Best regards,

Richard Davey
--
 http://www.launchcode.co.uk - PHP Development Services
 "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde