[thelist] Hardware Purchase Advice

Diane Soini dianesoini at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 30 20:56:16 CDT 2004

That has got to be an exaggeration. No manufacturer could exist with a
10% return rate. It must be closer to 1%. I'm serious. 1% is still a
huge amount.

<tip type="ActionScript getElementsByTagName Extends XML">
Found this handy ActionScript code to help make it easier to traverse
the DOM in Flash.
http://www.actionscript.org/actionscripts_library/XML_Object/more2.shtml
Look for XML.prototype.getElementsByTagName, although I'm sure some of
the other code is handy, too. I was going to write my own, but here it
was already done for me.
</tip>

Diane

On Wednesday, June 30, 2004, at 09:54 AM,
thelist-request at lists.evolt.org wrote:

> I spoke to the owner of a local PC store and he told me that of 90% of
> the
> machines he sells, he never hears from them again. The other 10% come
> back
> with some sort of problem, very often power supply problems. He does
> not
> sell Dell machines, either.
***
Don't be afraid to try something new. An amateur built the ark.
Professionals built the Titanic. -unknown