[thelist] Query regarding Static text in SWF

Prit Pal Virdi pvirdi at quark.co.in
Fri Jul 16 00:29:53 CDT 2004

Hi All,
 I have a query regarding Static text in SWF.

 When i exports my .swf file with static text containing text "P B I BI"
with styles none (palin), bold , italic and bold italic,
 the Flash player always displays all text in italic as "P B I BI".

 My .swf contains four  DefineFont2 tags with flags (Flash Specification
6.0) are
  0x10(plain font), 0x11(bold font), 0x12(italic font), 0x13 (bold italic
font), and i embeds the glyphs for the text "P B I BI",
 but still the whole static text is rendered as italic font.

 The same text i created and exported in MX 2004 is displayed correctly.
 If i import my swf file into MX as library it displays the correct text in
right tyles i.e "P B I BI".

I have seen the dump of both files (my exported swf and MX exported swf)
they are the same, but still i couldn't understand the problem..
If some can help me out from  this...or can point out my mistake.

I m attaching the swf files::
My exported swf  :
 <<MySWF.swf>>
SWF exported from MX: