[thelist] SEO - Question

fstorr fffrancis at fstorr.demon.co.uk
Sun Jul 18 10:07:26 CDT 2004

Brian W. Reaves wrote:

>  From the posts I read content on pages is now the way search engines
> rank popularity. Since CSS can be used to make elements invisible, could
> one create pages with lots of content only the SE's see? I am guessing
> SE's don't use the CSS, is this true?

I'm halfway through heading The Dummies Guide To Search Engine
Optimization.  It might take a deep breath to buy a Dummies book (I
haven't bought one for years and wasn't expecting much), but it's a
good, worthwhile read.  SEO is part of my Masters Degree and, so far,
the book backs up a great deal of what I've learnt/seen on the Web.

Regards