[thelist] asp and database path question

Ken Schaefer ken.schaefer at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 18:59:19 CDT 2004

That's not a native ASP error. Your application is doing some kind of
error handling, and then is generating some kind of "friendly" error,
which may, or may not, be indicative of the underlying problem.

Two options I would suggest:
a) put your database into the file structure that appears on the page
(ie into a folder called /db off the root of your website, and then
make sure the database is called bbdata.mdb (or visa versa: edit the
entries in the page to match what you have)

b) If (a) doens't work, locate the line "On Error Resume Next" in your
ASP page. Comment that out by placing a ' at the beginning of the
line. Reload the page, and post the error you now see.

Cheers
Ken