[thelist] SVG to JPG?

Javed Alam jalam at cc.ysu.edu
Mon Jul 19 03:07:39 CDT 2004

Diane Soini wrote:

> I'm needing a way to export SVG to JPG, either on the server (JSP) or
> if there exists some way to do it in a batch process without the
> server, that would be even better. I don't want to copy-paste into
> photoshop manually. Does anybody know of anything like that?
>
> Thanks,
> Diane
>
> ***
> Don't be afraid to try something new. An amateur built the ark.
> Professionals built the Titanic. -unknown

Try Batik from Apache.

http://xml.apache.org/batik/

Here is the description from the Batik website:

"Batik provides building blocks that developers can assemble in various
ways in their Java technology applications or applets to generate,
parse, view or convert SVG contents. Batik can also be used to generate
SVG on a client or on a server, and Batik can convert SVG content
<http://xml.apache.org/batik/svgrasterizer.html> convert SVG content
into other formats such as JPEG, PNG or Tiff or other formats
(transcoder API <http://xml.apache.org/batik/rasterizerTutorial.html>).
Batik's goal is to make it easy for developers to handle SVG content for
various purposes, client-side or server-side, as illustrated in the
diagram."

--