[thelist] "The Web Design Business Kit"

Dan McCullough dmccullough at garnethill.com
Wed Jul 21 14:50:45 CDT 2004

This is the same problem that my wife runs into.  She is not a sales
person, shes is a designer.  She doesn't like to do it, and doesn't have
the time to do it, but she has to.

About your comment about freelance sales people, I can tell you right
now from experience with "web designers/developers" up where I live,
most of the sales people are selling designs/services/hosting and doing
a crappy job of it, because they don't know what they are doing, but
they get people to pay, and then when it fails after a couple of months
the client is afraid to try anyone else as that person has ruined it for
the true professionals.  But the sales people don't feel its necessary
to hook up with designers/programmers because they can get people to
signup with them without having to split anything.  Again I am speaking
about what I have seen go on up here where I live.