[thelist] Java/J2EE help - java not working on desktop

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 22 07:44:56 CDT 2004

--- raditha dissanayake <jabber at raditha.com> wrote:
> Are you using EJB by any chance. The nature of your questions tell me
> that you are not. If not why don't you simply use tomcat with and IDE
> such as eclipse or net beans. You will find lots of free support if you do.

Actually, IIRC we are using EJB for lots of enterprise functionality. I don't deal with it
personally however. Tomcat isn't an option, the enterprise uses WL as our platform for ecommerce
and other things as well. The Java IDE that comes with WL8.1 you basically have to use if  you
want to use the portal.

In any event, I've installed the latest java and done as much as I can and the IDE still won't
launch, so now I'm looking into getting an dev desktop to use.

Thanks everyone for your help!

Tom

=====
http://www.Pixelmech.com/ - read my latest blog posting!