[thelist] Template Monster [WAS: A Beginner FreelanceQ uestion]

Richard Davey rich at launchcode.co.uk
Thu Jul 22 12:57:50 CDT 2004

Hello Rob,

RS> In a way I think sites like TM give "us" a good name. You have these
RS> adventurous type folk ("newbie") who get all excited about web design and
RS> run out to buy FP :-\ and start coding or at least make a valiant effort.
RS> They get frustrated and seek one of "us" out begging on their knees, "Save
RS> Me!" We pat their heads and say sure with $ signs for eye pupils.

The most amusing part of all is that the TM templates (and all the
rest) are sold on the premise that they're going to save you money.
Yet unless you're a bloody Photoshop genius, you'll have heck of a
time putting their PSDs into real-world use, and more often than not
will need to seek out the skills of a real web designer :)

There's an irony in there I have to admit I love. It's like when I'm
contracted to fix bugs / enhance 3rd party PHP scripts.

Best regards,

Richard Davey
--
 http://www.launchcode.co.uk - PHP Development Services
 "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde