[thelist] iframe

Seth Thomas Rasmussen seth at sethrasmussen.com
Fri Jul 23 13:31:48 CDT 2004

Why do you have to use an iFrame?

-----Original Message-----
From: thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org
[mailto:thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org]On Behalf Of Dan McCullough
Sent: Friday, July 23, 2004 1:04 PM
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: [thelist] iframe

I have never used an iframe, but I seem to have to on this one project.

I need to take two fields pass them to and iframe page and then have
that submit to another site.  So this is the example that I found.

<form name="pForm">
<input type="text" name="Input">
<input type="text" name="Input2">
<iframe name="myFrame" src="mypage.htm" height="1" width="1">
</iframe>
<input type=button value="SubmitIframeForm"
onClick="window.frames.myFrame.document.iForm.submit();">
</form>

<form name="iForm">
<input type="text" name="Export">
<input type="text" name="Export2">
</form>

Where I get lost/confused is I need to send the infromation to a URL
that is not mine, I need to make sure the page refreshes/validates and
then submits behind the scenes.

Does that look right, will those two Inputs get to the other website?
http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt/