[thelist] RE: Does web design have a future in 'high wage' countries? (wasQuestion])

YoYoEtc yoyoetc at provide.net
Fri Jul 23 15:48:11 CDT 2004

This whole thread reminds me of an experience I had about a week agi:

I was in the grocery store and the young man (boy) who packs the groceries
was chatting to the woman in front of me while I waited next in line. She
asked him what he was studying and he replied, "web design". She seemed
very impressed and he responded by saying that he makes more money doing
that than he makes at the grocery store and he said he doesn't even have
his bachelor's degree yet.
Now, I know that a lot of money to a student would perhaps seem like
peanuts to us, but it made me realize there is definitely work out there to
be had if students are finding it. I should have asked him how he finds his
clients. As a newbie, I could do with making some money at this.