[thelist] RE: Does web design have a future in 'highwage'countries? (wasQuestion])

Chris George cgeorge at basecorp.com
Fri Jul 23 16:25:22 CDT 2004

> Chris George wrote:
>

> > But anyway, my point was not about the quality of work, but
> of cheap
> > labourers*, and how your analogy emphasizes opposite to what you
> > intended**.
> >
> > * Cheap does not mean unskilled.
> > ** That being a lone ranger might not be as financially useful as
> > working on a team.
>
> But in reference to
> 	how do i compete i don't know everything it is spot on.

I disagree entirely. They're a group of workers that work for ~1/4 of
the workers they replaced worked for. As someone already pointed out -
"yeah, but who wants to work for 5-10 bucks an hour?". That's why that
analogy doesn't work. "When in Rome..." doesn't solve anything.

I'm not sure who builds houses where you live...