[thelist] Keyboard and Mouse

Burhan Khalid thelist at meidomus.com
Mon Jul 26 08:16:36 CDT 2004

Hershel Robinson wrote:

[ snipped ]

> If anyone has any suggestions for a BETTER ergonomic keyboard (I run Windows
> 2000) and suggestions for a good optical mouse, I would be happy to hear
> them.

I just purchased the Microsoft Wireless Desktop Pro[1] bundle. Came with
a ergonomic keyboard and mouse (both wireless).  This was for office
use, since the keyboard that came with the computer had that annoying
"keys popping off" quirk.

So far its all roses.  The keyboard is quiet, which is a big plus for
me. I don't like noisy keyboards.  The only issue I have with the
keyboard is with the placement of the home, end, delete keys. I'm used
to having the end key below the delete key, so I find myself
accidentially chopping off characters ... while searching for my cursor
at the end of the line.  I was pleasantly surprised to find that the
media control buttons worked with Winamp.

The mouse is decent sized, although not top of the line from Microsoft.
You can find it at any of the office supply stores ... make sure to try
your hand on the mouse first, it takes a bit getting used to (especially
if you are used to Logitech mice). The MS mice seem to have a large
"hump" ... whereas Logitech mice are slimmer.

[1]
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/productdetails.aspx?pid=014