[thelist] Please trim, please don't top post.

raditha dissanayake jabber at raditha.com
Mon Jul 26 08:39:01 CDT 2004

William Anderson wrote:

> Ken Schaefer wrote:
>
>> Thanks for sharing what *you* like. <sarcasm>Let's all change our habits
>> because Liam prefers things a certain way.</sarcasm>
>

> Top posting and not trimming replies are behaviourally "wrong" for
> several reasons:

I must confess that some time ago I used to top post as well, because I
didn't know any better - even though I have been around the net for
about 8 years I didn't realise that top posting is wrong until about an
year ago.  Top posting is indeed the right way.

> btw, reading thelist over gprs is your choice, I suppose, but reading
> a high-volume list on a mobile device?  You're brave :)

Using GPRS does not always mean reading mail using the phone. I am a
very heavy user of GPRS too, but almost all the time I have my phone
connected to the computer and I am browsing with mozilla!

--
Raditha Dissanayake.