[thelist] Fullscreen browser in Windows Server 2003 SE

Ken Schaefer ken.schaefer at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 19:09:12 CDT 2004

I think there are two separate issues that are being confused here.

a) Windows 2003 Server has "Internet Explorer Enhanced Security
Configuration" installed by default. This is a Windows component that
restricts what IE can do. You can uninstall this via Settings ->
Add/Remove Programs Control Panel -> Windows Components

b) Windows XP SP2 has changes to Internet Explorer. However these are
completely unrelated to any issues you'd be having running IE on
Windows 2003 Server. Windows XP SP2 does not run on Windows 2003
Server.

Cheers
Ken

PS Apologies for top-posting this, but I'm using gmail for this post,
and it's too difficult determining who wrote what, and under what
sections of text I should be pasting my reply text, so it's going here
at the top.