[thelist] PHP learning tools

Seyon evoltlist at delime.com
Tue Jul 27 08:00:33 CDT 2004

Message from Joel D Canfield (7/27/2004 12:52 AM)
>Decided to get serious about PHP. Looking for a Palm version of the PHP
>docs, and one or two excellent books on PHP (with or without MySQL)

I recently ordered "Web Database Applications with PHP & MySQL, 2nd
Edition", Hugh E. Williams. Should arrive tomorrow. I can let you know in a
few days how it looks.

Or you can take a look on Amazon -

I can't remember exactly why I chose this one over the more conventional
Welling book that Burhan mentioned. Possibly because I wanted to wait for
the 3rd edition due out later this year.

You can also take a look at the O'Reilly Bookshelf -
http://safari.oreilly.com/ - which gives you the first two weeks free. Easy
way to preview their different PHP offerings before buying one or two.

regards.
-marc

--
Trinidad Carnival in all its photographic glory. Playyuhself.com
http://www.playyuhself.com/