[thelist] PHP learning tools

Seyon evoltlist at delime.com
Tue Jul 27 16:32:06 CDT 2004

Message from Joel D Canfield (7/27/2004 10:10 AM)
> > I recently ordered "Web Database Applications with PHP & MySQL, 2nd
> > Edition", Hugh E. Williams. Should arrive tomorrow. I can let
> > you know in a
> > few days how it looks.
>
>That would be superb. Since there's been a dearth of "this is a great
>PHP book" here on thelist, why not send it here when you've formed an
>opinion?

Will do.

> > You can also take a look at the O'Reilly Bookshelf -
> > http://safari.oreilly.com/ - which gives you the first two
> > weeks free. Easy
> > way to preview their different PHP offerings before buying one or two.
>
>Looks like an excellent resource. I just hate places that force me to
>give them my payment info in order to get their 'free' preview, hoping
>I'll be disorganized enough to forget to cancel. But it's worth
>considering; thanks for the link.

Yup I hadn't realised that myself. I knew about the two week trial but
didn't want to sign up yet cause I'm not ready to use my "freebie" yet. I
was planning to use it to compare the book I ordered with O'Reilly's
various offerings.

regards.
-marc

--
Trinidad Carnival in all its photographic glory. Playyuhself.com
http://www.playyuhself.com/