[thelist] CMSs

dave [ evolt ] evoltlist at dropcase.com
Tue Jul 27 17:03:22 CDT 2004

Dougal Campbell wrote:

> Tom Dell'Aringa wrote:
>
>> Things I've looked at:
>>
>> - Drupal.org - seems to be a glorified blog. I don't think it has
>> version control.
>

> Have you looked at Plone[1]? I don't see anything on the site that
> specifically mentions version control, but a search on the Zope[2] site
> turned up a "version control for Plone" add-on.
>
> [1] http://plone.org/
> [2] http://zope.org/

i'll second that (third, actually). plone seems to be a great all-around
cms, and there are lots of extensions and add-ons that can make it do
pretty much anything you want. i've tried running it, and a lot seemed
pretty intuitive (to me anyway). there's also objectis[0], on which you
can try out a plone instance for free and see if you like the feel of it.

[0] http://www.objectis.org/

[ dave ]