[thelist] Looking for dynamic menus for ASP pages

Ken Schaefer ken.schaefer at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 19:32:05 CDT 2004

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 10:14:16 +1000, Ken Schaefer <ken.schaefer at gmail.com> wrote:

> Better would be to create:
> a) a list of users
> b) a list of groups
> c) a table that contains users & groups
>
> Optionally:
> d) create a list of user rights
> e) a table that contains user rights and groups
>
> That's how any other security system works. And it makes maintenance
> much simpler, especially from a robustness PoV.

Talking to myself here...

I suppose a more scalable solution would involve developing a schema
of all your object classes, and defining possible user rights (or
attributes) in that schema. Then develop a way of keeping track of
users, and which groups the users belong to. (and which groups groups
belong to, ala group nesting). Then assign groups permissions to
objects.

Cheers
Ken