[thelist] SSI's

Bob Haroche spambait at onpointsolutions.com
Wed Jul 28 17:08:00 CDT 2004

> All this talk about SSI's has got me thinking. Are there any other pages
> besides .php, .asp, and .shtml that accept and can use SSI's?

I believe any page can if the server is properly configured.

<tip type="parsing html files for SSI with Apache">

To have Apache parse both .shtml and html files for SSI includes, place this
in your httpd. conf file:

AddHandler server-parsed .shtml .shtm .html .htm

(this can also be placed in an .htaccess file)

To enable SSI within a virtual host, include this within the <Virtual Host>
directive:

# Enable SSI for .html pages
<Directory F:/path/to/website>
Options includes