[thelist] asp to sql using Integrated Security=SSPI

Brian Delaney brian.delaney at mccmh.net
Thu Jul 29 15:41:17 CDT 2004

ok, when I use the profiler I see the following:

The user that logs into sql is:       ourdomain\jaildivuser
This user runs the entire process. The user ID needs to have access to
the local OS because there is a file transfer done.

When looking at the database the following users have access:
BUILTIN\administrators, dbo(sa),  domain admins, and  jaildivuser

the ado string is as follows:

adoCon.OPen "Provider=SQLOLEDB;
Data Source=SQLDEV\SQLDEV; Initial Catalog=JAILRR; Integrated
Security=SSPI"

Any idea of how ourdomain\jaildivuser is logging into the database and performing the processes?

Just a note: on the webserver there is a system dns that connects to the database using the account
jaildivuser - but - the ado string is using Integrated Security=SSPI so it shold be ignored??

Thanks