[thelist] File System Object not working on IIS

Ken Schaefer ken at adOpenStatic.com
Thu Jul 29 18:32:25 CDT 2004

If you are getting an error about "permission denied", then it's either a
problem with permissions on scrrun.dll -or- the files/folders in question.

However, if your pages are just "hanging", then I suspect that you have some
kind of AV (antivirus) app running on your system that stops the FSO from
working transparently. I know Norton Antivirus has this as part of its
"Script Blocking" feature, and McAfee also has something similar.

What's happening is that NAV is popping up a dialogue asking whether you'd
like to allow the FSO to run, however since the page is running under a
different user context, you don't see the dialogue (it's popping up under
the IUSR_<machinename>'s desktop). The page appears to "hang" because NAV is
waiting for someone to press a button on the dialogue, however no one is
logged in interactively on that desktop to see the dialogue. Disable the
script blocking features, restart the AV services (or reboot your computer)
and you should be good to go.

Cheers
Ken