[thelist] Which OS to trust for keeping productive?

Dave schemer at speedeenet.com
Thu Jul 29 21:48:16 CDT 2004

Probably a dumb question but when it comes to stability and not have to
spend more time worrying about backups and reinstalls and software
re-registration codes and having 7 pc's to make sure while one is
running the antivirus, the other can get the newsgroups and the other
can stay safe  etc etc... Which OS do most people trust to use as their
regular one? I am starting to think I need to stick with Win 2000 Pro as
it seems to have been the most faithful. I have read of people
reinstalling XP numerous times to fix things and in the past my pc used
to run for years without a hiccup. Like I said, probably a dumb question
but I would like to hear what the majority trusts cause I need to know
so I can get back to work :-)
Thanks,
Dave

P.S. It may be because I had a lousy mainboard and my experience started
being based off of that but just how long is the record of an XP machine
that is used extensively without reinstalling it?