[thelist] ASP TIP: Content Management - CHECK THIS OUT !!

Casey Crookston casey at thecrookstons.com
Thu Jul 29 22:37:58 CDT 2004

----- Original Message -----

> The topic of how to easily allow clients to edit their own content comes
up
> often.  I recently came across this FREE web-based, WYSIWYG, rich-text
> editor written in VBScript for IIS (in other words, ASP).
>
> http://www.webwizguide.info/asp/sample_scripts/RTE_application.asp
>
> Be sure to click on the DEMO link.  All you are downloading is the code
for
> the text editor, so it will require some modifications to integrate it
with
> your client's website (example: security), but it's a giant step in the
> right direction.

Okay - I've got a scaled down version working. This is a VERY easy VERY FREE
way for clients to edit their own content. It's pretty dang cool (imho).
Keep in mind that I didn't develop this, I just downloaded and made a few
mods. Before it could be used in an actual production environment many more
will be necessary.

http://www.thecrookstons.com/content_manage

This site is 100% fictional... and I'm sorry if it loads slowly, as no
images have been optimized or sliced. Click on the "Edit The Text" link, and
from that point it's brain-dead easy to figure out. (The only thing not
working is the image upload, as it seems my host company has an out of date
version of ASPUpload. (I'll call them in the morning.))

If anyone is interested, I'll zip up everything and send it. Again, I didn't
develop this, I only changed some of the code.

Casey