[thelist] Which OS to trust for keeping productive?

Joel D Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Fri Jul 30 00:54:33 CDT 2004

> but I would like to hear what the majority trusts

I have a PowerMac, RedHat Linux 7.something, Win2K Server, Win2K Pro,
and WinXP Pro. All have been extremely stable - the XP box for its 9
month life, the Win2K server for its 18 month life, the Win2K Pro box
for its 3-year life. The others are a Mac and Linux, so they've been
running forever and always will.

I do nearly all my work on my XP Pro box, and it just runs and runs and
runs. No glitches except it needed a reboot today 'cause they shut off
our power unceremoniously at the pole down the street. Came up fine.

joel