[thelist] PHP losing session value

Richard Davey rich at launchcode.co.uk
Fri Jul 30 17:35:29 CDT 2004

Hello Noah,

Friday, July 30, 2004, 10:23:10 PM, you wrote:

n> The host, however, has recently upgraded to PHP 4.3.8, and now the value
n> of the session variable keeps being lost. It usually happens at about
n> the third new page visited after login.

n> Any ideas?

What browser are you using to test with? Is this an IE specific issue
(i.e. does it work perfectly with Firefox?) - it's worth checking,
believe me, IE can do some *weird* stuff sometimes.

Also - does the site span one or more domains? Could it be a
redirection somewhere that kills the session?

Best regards,

Richard Davey
--
 http://www.launchcode.co.uk - PHP Development Services
 "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde