[thelist] PHP losing session value

noah noah at tookish.net
Fri Jul 30 23:32:20 CDT 2004

Thanks Richard and Carlos.

It's definitely a problem in all browsers, and it's all in one domain --
all of the links are relative, so it's not even moving in and out of
"www" or anything like that. The exact same code works perfectly on my
local development server and on my own production server.

Carlos Costa Portela wrote (30/07/2004 6:19 PM):

> On Fri, 30 Jul 2004, noah wrote:
>
>>at the top of each page. On the first couple of pages I get, say:
>>
>>195307c58df1baca6f43dfae0d789268
>>Array ( [id] => 10 )
>
> 	The first couple, or only the first after authentication?.

After authentication.

> 	If you can, check the value saved in the session file (or session
> database), so you can examine directly the value.

I tried that, but so far with no success, due to what I think is some
further oddness. Rather than allowing me to tweak the PHP config with
.htaccess, the hosting company has placed a php.ini in the root
directory of this site (I checked, and it's 403 if I try to access it
via a browser) -- basically, I get my own php.ini. This seemed
reasonable to me until I realized (and then confirmed) that nothing that
I do to the php.ini has any effect, since Apache has to be restarted to
load the new settings. Obviously I don't have permission to restart
Apache, so I can't experiment with the config to try to solve the problem.

Cheers,
--
Noah St.Amand
tookish digital communication