[thelist] Web Page Analyzer -- "incredibly useful tool"?

Richard Davey rich at launchcode.co.uk
Sat Jul 31 12:26:20 CDT 2004

Hello Clive,

Saturday, July 31, 2004, 5:01:09 PM, you wrote:

CRS> Has anyone tried the "Web Page Analyzer" at WebSiteOptimization.com and
CRS> wondered about the accuracy of the results? I've tried comparing the
CRS> Analyzer's results to the files actually downloaded to my cache for the
CRS> same page and I see dramatic differences. For my own site's home page
CRS> (http://www.designshift.com/) the files actually downloaded to display
CRS> the page total 72KB but the Analyzer says the total is 271KB.

Yeah, its results are way out. Your page is definitely not 271KB! A
local page load puts it at around 71KB here.

I don't think the WebSiteOptimisation code is intelligent enough to be
able to determine which of your banners is actually loaded, it seems
to have listed them all.

Not exactly the "most useful tool" ever then.

Best regards,

Richard Davey
--
 http://www.launchcode.co.uk - PHP Development Services
 "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde