[thelist] Moving jpgs causes programs to crash...Help!

Audrey Blumeneau blumeneau at aboutaudrey.com
Sat Jul 31 20:57:16 CDT 2004

Hello,

I am hoping that someone else has had this issue and has found a solution
to it.

I am on Windows XP Professional. I use PhotoShop 7.0 and Dreamweaver MX 2004.

Last week I needed to move some images (several jpgs) from one folder to
another. I was using Dreamweaver as I wanted to links to remain intact.
Next thing I know, Dreamweaver has vanished - closed itself faster than the
eye can blink. To top it off, every time I try to get to the image I moved,
whether from the folder or through PhotoShop or DW, it simply closes that
window/program. This also means that I no longer can access anything else
in that folder.

Today, I needed to transfer from a CD several hundred jpgs from client to
apply them to a web site and the same thing happened. I am frustrated.

I have found that if I convert each jpg to a psd and re-save to the new
folder, then it seems ok with moving files. But I don't want to have to
create or recreate 30 or 100 files to psd and back to jpgs just to move
them to a new file. I have never experienced this before....

Does anyone have a clue to what is going on? Has anyone experienced this or
something remotely close to this? Does anyone have a solution to fixing it?

Thank you so much.

Audrey