[thelist] MM Contribute viability? (was MM Contribute errors)

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 2 15:23:33 CDT 2004

--- Seth Thomas Rasmussen <seth at sethrasmussen.com> wrote:

> Again, because you
> lose control and are not able to make the best site possible, and why? Just
> so one can crank one more site out and so users can edit a Web site as if it
> were a Word document. Nevermind the fact that it's NOT a Word document, nor
> is it even close...

So your point is that you don't have enough control over the presenation layer? (Just trying to be
clear).

While I get your point about how a web site isn't a Word doc - to be able to have certain people
across our enterprise edit a web page as if it were - that is GOLD baby. I'd gladly take the hit
to my amount of control over look and feel if we could get a viable workflow and editing process
in place for changes. We waste so much time (read MONEY) making changes because its hard to do -
even for me sometimes - the "expert" himself.

Example: If I want to make a new nav item/page in our intranet, I have a list of *62* steps I have
to go through to do so - sixty two freaking steps.

Certainly this comes down to what does your exact situation need. Our need is to get those
daily/weekly changes done without migraines every day - and to get away from billions of nested
tables and a site that breaks all the time! :)

Tom

=====
http://www.Pixelmech.com/ - read my latest blog posting!

John 3:16