[thelist] How important is height when using tables?

Sarah Sweeney mr.sanders at designshift.com
Tue Aug 3 08:26:13 CDT 2004

> I think the actual question qot answered, but the answers kind of
> drowned :-)

I guess I (and those replying to me) did kind of hijack the thread -
sorry about that!

<tip type="the (business) value of standards and accessibility">
This tip is for those of you who, like me, are pushing to move forward
with web standards and accessibility, and, incidentally, to stop using
tables for layout. When I come across a good article explaining why
standards and accessibility are so important, I add it to my collection
in case I need to convince a client of their importance and value.
Clients may listen to me on my own, but it's good to have some outside
references to back me up.
http://devedge.netscape.com/viewsource/2003/why-web-standards/
http://www.andybudd.com/archives/2004/01/the_business_case_for_web_accessibility/index.php
http://www.adaptivepath.com/publications/essays/archives/000266.php