[thelist] Drop-shippers for E-Commerce

Mark Groen mark at markgroen.com
Tue Aug 3 08:35:05 CDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joshua Olson" <>
To: <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: August 2, 2004 6:04 PM
Subject: RE: [thelist] Drop-shippers for E-Commerce

Your client is asking the wrong person about a reputable drop
shipper. The person who they should be dealing with on this is the
distributor (the drop shipper) that is the holding the goods they are
selling. The distributor should already have in place at least one
drop shipment solution, bigger distributors have more than one option
(FedEX, UPS, etc.).

In other words, it depends on where they think they are getting their
inventory - at this point it sounds like you have zero information
and they want you to create a business plan for them with the
internet as an interface for sales. Unless you are the purchasing
agent for that company you have no business recommending who they
should be dealing with for their stock movement.

hth!

cheers,

               Mark

MG Web Services