[thelist] PEAR DB problem with DB_FETCHMODE_OBJECT

Flavio Hallais fhallais2004 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 3 09:05:39 CDT 2004

Hi all,

I have a box running:

Fedora Core 2
Apache 2.0.50
php-4.3.8 ( with pear )
postgresql-7.4.2

The FC2, Apache and PostgreSQL are running all right.

I'm trying to learn how to develop PHP applications
using the Pear DB Database abstration layer.

When I run this code:

<?php
require_once 'DB.php';
$db = DB::connect('pgsql://user:pass@localhost/auth');

if (DB::isError($db))
	die($db->getMessage());

$result = $db->query('SELECT * FROM users');

while($row = $result-> fetchRow()){
	echo $row[0];
}
?>

Everything works fine because the default for the
fetchRow mode is DB_FETCHMODE_ORDERED.

When I try run :

<?php
require_once 'DB.php';
$db = DB::connect('pgsql://user:pass@localhost/auth');

if (DB::isError($db))
	die($db->getMessage());

$db->SetFetchMode(DB_FETCHMODE_OBJECT);
$result = $db->query('SELECT * FROM users');

while($row = $result-> fetchRow()){
	echo $row->USER_ID;
}
?>

It does not work. I receive the message:

Notice: Undefined property: USER_ID in
/var/www/html/framework/testpear.php on line 12

USER_ID is a valid column in the table users !

Every piece of documentation says it should work.
What I am doing wrong ? ? ?
Can anyone help me ?

Thanks,

Flavio Hallais