[thelist] Netscape

Tim Beadle tim.beadle at iop.org
Wed Aug 4 04:31:07 CDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-08-04 at 10:02, pandy wrote:
> Tim Beadle wrote:
> >Netscape 7.1 is our company standard browser because, if you hadn't
> >noticed, IE is a bug-ridden, insecure POS.
>
> While that may be true, the 'other' browsers aren't free from security
> related issues either. This was out yesterday. It isn't the first, but
> maybe the worst.

Fair point, but as usual with these things, I wasn't claiming that other
browsers weren't invulnerable. The difference, especially with Mozilla,
is the number of vulns (few) and the speed of fixing (quick). Those
values are diametrically opposed to the situation in IE-land.

Look, I don't want to start a holy war. Of course all software has bugs
- it is written by humans. IE has more than most, that's all.

Tim
--
Tim Beadle <tim.beadle at iop.org>