[thelist] XML Output Help

Rob Smith rob.smith at THERMON.com
Wed Aug 4 11:00:33 CDT 2004

Hey,

(Man I'm full of questions today) I attempted to learn XML a few months ago
and picked up on a few things, but a project has come up and now I need to
know how to get the XML data into a human readable format. Take the
following XML data below for example:

- <xs:element name="TRAFFICSTATS">
  - <xs:annotation>
      <xs:documentation>
 	 Traffic statistics for the given site
      </xs:documentation>
    </xs:annotation>
  - <xs:complexType>
    - <xs:sequence>
        <xs:element ref="ITEM" maxOccurs="unbounded" />
      </xs:sequence>
      <xs:attribute name="site" type="xs:string" use="required" />
    </xs:complexType>
  </xs:element>

How do I sift thought <xs: ...></xs: ...> stuff to get the actual text and
how should I display it. I have a good foundation in ASP, PHP, C/C++, so I'm
prepared for about anything you throw me. I got the above code from:
http://client.alexa.com/partner/xsd/alexa_main.xsd
I'm just trying to use this example as a *rather steep* learning curve.

Rob Smith