[thelist] Running an .exe from a ListBox (Flash UI Compnent)

Johnson, Christopher (MTO) Christopher.Johnson at mto.gov.on.ca
Thu Aug 5 14:00:13 CDT 2004

<snip>
What I need now is essentially an onClick function to run the
corresponding exe. The Flash application is designed in the Slide Show
Presentation mode, by the way. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.
</snip>

Is the flash app that you are creating intended to be a stand alone desktop
app or to run in a web browser? If it is to run in a web browser, I highly
doubt that the security model for the Flash Player will enable it to run
executables on the clients machine.

chris