[thelist] Business practice -- client implementing site while project is incomplete

Clive R Sweeney clive at designshift.com
Thu Aug 5 14:44:04 CDT 2004

Peter Brunone (EasyListBox.com) said the following on 8/5/2004 3:17 PM:

>	Was it part of the deal?  More importantly, have they paid you
>anything yet?

No, it wasn't mentioned in the deal (either way). I guess it's one of
those things you expect will be done according to normal practices and
that's why I asked the question. Is it at all a normal business practice
that a company will contract a new site and download and begin to
implement it while it's still in production? The CSS is still very much
a work in progress and many of the links don't work as those pages
haven't been done yet.

I'm doing this as a sub-contract for another design firm, but there was
supposed to be a first payment which the client still hasn't made yet.
This company is, according to a press release I just added to the site,
valued at millions of dollars, but I can't help but feel they'd like the
whole site online and working and then make it difficult for us to be
paid at all.

--
Clive R Sweeney
Designshift | Durham NC