[thelist] site check

Tim Beadle tim.beadle at iop.org
Fri Aug 6 07:49:22 CDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-08-06 at 11:26, thelist at punterspower.co.uk wrote:
> thank you for your comments they are greatly appreciated and have been
> noted.  The firefox issue?  Does this happen on all of the pages or just
> the homepage?

All the pages I tried had the same issue with the nav bar.

> Any accessibility issues?

* Do all of your images have alt text? Meaningful alt text? Zero-length
alt text for non-content images (e.g. spacer gifs)?
* Is your text sized in a resizable unit (like %, em, or keywords)
rather than non-resizable (px, pt)?
* Are clickable items big enough to allow motor-impaired users to click
them easily?
* Do your colour choices work for vision-impaired/colour blind people?

Run the site through a validator[0], and an accessibility checker[1],
bearing in mind that not all points can be machine-verified.

Regards,

Tim

[0] http://validator.w3.org/
[1] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/existingtools.html