[thelist] Comments wanted on collapsable definition list

Leigh.DSylva at cas.gov.on.ca Leigh.DSylva at cas.gov.on.ca
Tue Aug 10 08:14:00 CDT 2004

>> See: http://www.sindar.net/dlcollapse.html for an example of a
collapsable definition list.

>>Any suggested javascript changes to make it more robust / cleaner?

I'm afraid I can't give any advice as to the Javascript coding, but
something I would like to see is persistence.  That is, the menu remembers
its open/closed state as you traverse backwards & forwards through
different pages.  I cobbled together a collapsable menu for our intranet
(but your code is far more efficient, hence I can't give any advice - I'm
not a programmer) that used a binary system to remember the state of the
menu, i.e. 1=open, 0=closed.

Regards

Leigh D'Sylva