[thelist] Postgre and Cold Fusion

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Tue Aug 10 21:56:52 CDT 2004

Hi gang,

I'm testing Cold Fusion with PostGRE for the first REAL time.  I'm trying to
determine the best way to find the number of the last inserted sequence and
am running into numerous problems.

I've tried to implement a trigger to select the value on insert (as I would
do with SQL Server).  I can't seem to make this work or find any examples to
put me on the right track.

I've tried performing a SELECT curval('sequence_name') after the insert.
What I find is that the call returns the last value even between page loads,
which means it's not a thread safe method.

Thoughts on the best way to get the value?

Joshua Olson
Web Application Engineer
WAE Tech Inc.
http://www.waetech.com/service_areas/