[thelist] onUnload event and popup

Maximillian Von Schwanekamp anaxamaxan at neptunewebworks.com
Thu Aug 12 17:05:05 CDT 2004

Hey Evolters,

My client wants (in spite of my advice to the contrary) to have an exit
popup on his website, with a feedback survey.  It should come up only
once, and not when clicking internal links.  The once part is easy
enough, and of course the child window itself is trivial.  Javascript is
not my strongpoint, so my method would be to have boolean flag on each
link, but this client's site has zillions of hard-coded internal links.
SO, my question is, is there a simpler method to check onUnload if the
user has either clicked an internal link or left the site?

PS - Before you flame me for even considering making a popup for a
client: I use Firefox and vocally recommend Mozilla to all and sundry;
popups are becoming kind of a non-issue as more people adopt browsers
with popup blocking built in.  Client's very determined on pursuing this
feature regardless.
--
Maximillian Von Schwanekamp
Dynamic Websites and E-Commerce