[thelist] TXT / HTML email detection

Mark Groen mark at markgroen.com
Thu Aug 12 19:22:26 CDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "kent" <mail at kentrygiel.com>
To: <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: August 12, 2004 11:37 AM
Subject: [thelist] TXT / HTML email detection

> Does anyone know of a particularly good tutorial or knowledge base
to help
> me with sending HTML emails and sniffing out whether the
user/recipient can
> view HTML or Text only? I don't want to to go with software liek
PHPMail,
> but rather just want to send the mail out myself as I only have
about a 100
> person list. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Would help if you mentioned what technology you plan on using, cgi,
php, asp etc. or if you are sending this out locally. Really do
recommend something like http://tincan.co.uk/phplist for this though,
saves lots of headaches over trying to get something working with
Outlook/Excel and Word merges etc.

hth!

cheers,

               Mark