[thelist] Firefox Plugins

Diane Soini dianesoini at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 12 20:53:37 CDT 2004

On Thursday, August 12, 2004, at 08:56 AM,
thelist-request at lists.evolt.org wrote:

> Subject: Re: [thelist] Firefox Plugins
>

> Thanks folks,
>
> Installed a bunch of extensions now. The developer extension seems by
> far the most useful though. However firefox does seem a little on the
> slow side when compared to Safari. Also not half as clean. I think
> I'll stick with Safari for my day-to-day browsing and use Firefox when
> I want to play around with a sites CSS or burrow into the DOM.

I switched from Safari as a default to Mozilla Firebird (maybe Firefox
is better, I really don't know.) I have found that many web sites fail
more often in Safari than in Mozilla. I got tired of trying to fill out
and submit forms and have them fail. I don't have that problem quite as
much with Mozilla. Since most web developers don't even bother to code
or test for Mac browsers, I think that Mozilla fools them somewhat, or
at least it seems to be very consistent between its Mac and PC versions.

Diane