[thelist] updating cascading 'select' form elements fromadatabase

Joel D Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Fri Aug 13 00:22:52 CDT 2004

> SQL Server can generate XML on the fly (eg using FOR XML
> AUTO) and serve this over HTTP. That would probably solve the
> problem of generating the XML from the datastore.

All interesting and educational; thank you.

I'm still waiting for the part where it gets easier ;)

*If* we do this at all, I think we'll just grab the data at the outset,
create some JavaScript arrays, and use them to populate the selects as
required. Unless someone can really convince me this XML concept will be
easier/better somehow in the long run

Thanks, all. It's been interesting.

joel