[thelist] Designing for Norton Internet Security

Bird, Graham Graham.Bird at rspb.org.uk
Fri Aug 13 10:50:44 CDT 2004

Hi,

Norton Internet Security - what does it do?

We are increasingly being contacted by our visitors who say that online
forms, javascript, etc don't work. The common theme is that they have Norton
Internet Security, but of course...it's all our fault.

I suspect cookie and popup blocking, but who knows.

I've looked on the Symantec (was Norton) website for detail about what it
actually does, but this must be a closely guarded secret. The "How it works"
Flash presentation is nothing of the sort.

Does anyone know how it works, or even what it really does (apart from
spread panic)?

Yours frustratedly,

Graham