[thelist] Value of Input with CSS

Sarah Sweeney mr.sanders at designshift.com
Fri Aug 13 11:31:28 CDT 2004

>> Is it at all possible to use CSS to fill in the empty (and now
>> highlighted)
>> text filed with a message say something like "You must fill this in"
>> I am
>> pretty sure that CSS cannot set text field values, but that is pretty
>> much
>> what I am looking for.

If you're using the server-side for validation of the form, can't you
add the error message server-side as well? I'm guessing that you'd be
adding the CSS styling for an error server-side, so why not add the
error message at the same time?

--
Sarah Sweeney > Web Developer & Programmer
Portfolio > http://sarah.designshift.com